Thursday 13 November 2014

Three Things: What am I Thankful for?


For my "Three Things on Thursday" today, I thought I would link up with Hot Tea and the Empty Seat, The Celebrating Momma and The Bitsy Button for their "Thankful Thursdays". This month, I am writing down three things in my journal each day that I am thankful for - and I can't repeat any throughout the month! It's really opened up my eyes even more to how much I am blessed and how many things I have to be grateful for, even on my worst days. So for the rest of November, I may be altering my Three on Thursday into Three Things I Am Thankful For, but don't worry, I have more posts lined up so you can continue to find out more about me from December onwards! (And I have even got something lined up from Benn, so stay tuned....).

Todays prompt is What...

Three Things: What Am I thankful for?


I was going to write My Family as number one (because derr), but I figured that one was pretty obvious and I have decided to think a little harder..

1. My Degree - Bachelor of Teaching Primary / Bachelor of Teaching Early Childhood

I know I've said it before (and I will probably say it again), but I am so in love with my degree. But I am also so very thankful for it. Not only will it allow me to get my dream job (in less then 12 months!!), but it has opened up my eyes to so many different things. Obviously I get taught all the core subject stuff (like maths, yuck), but I also have alot of subjects that focus on; social Justice, equity, diversity, educational psychology, leadership, policies, procedures plus more. Teaching is so much more then just learning your ABC's and 123's. My thinking and past actions towards how I learn, how others learn, how I perceive myself and how I perceive others have all been challenged. And I have really grown as a person. I can apply the things I learnt to so many different situations in my life and I am so thankful for this.

2. Music

Totally sounds cliche, but I am so very thankful for music. It has "been there" through almost all of my best and worst moments. Birthdays, Christmas', funerals, weddings and everything in between. Music has a way of taking me to a whole other place and I can feel inspired, uplifted, loved, hopeful, fearless, strengthened and powerful all at once. I like so many different types; country, pop, rock, indie, acoustic, "emo", loud, soft and all the others. For those of you that know me, would know that Christina Aguilera is my all time favourite. I can listen to her no matter what mood and any time or place. I even went to her "Back to Basics" concert in 2007 and I was 2nd row, I was literally 5 METRES AWAY FROM HER!! You get the idea. I have recently grown to love many of the EFY tracks that my church releases each year. Very inspirational "gospel" music, that just sounds like stuff you would hear on the radio! Anyways, Music - I am so thankful for you.

3. Scriptures

More recently this year, I have become very fond of and thankful for the scriptures. More so The Book Of Mormon. There was a challenge proposed by the Prophet earlier this year placed on all LDS's (is that right?) out there to read the Book of Mormon twice this year. Well I have been reading for about 15-30 minutes each morning and am currently up to my THIRD time! So proud of myself. It really sets a positive and uplifting tone for my day, it helps me receive revelation and answers so many of my prayers. I am very thankful for the word of the Lord written in the Book of Mormon.



Did you link up with Thankful Thursdays? What are you Thankful for in your life?

No comments:

Post a Comment