Monday 22 September 2014

My Writing Process

The beautiful Britt, over at "My Little Sunshine" has tagged me in a link up to talk about my writing process on the blog. To be honest, before she tagged me I really didn't have any idea what my "writing process" would be, however, after reflecting and thinking about it., I guess I have to have some sort of process!!




 1. What am I working on?

I often have a few drafts lined up ready to go, either ones that I haven't finished yet, posts with just a few points to finish later, or some scheduled ready to go live. I like to be prepared and organised (you may have learnt that from my Vlog the other day), so I often start writing my posts before I have added photos or need to post them (I literally started writing this the moment I was tagged!!)

 2. How does my work differ from others of its type/genre?

We I guess I am the only person on the blogging network writing about "The Aussie Osborns" ;) I guess you could say I'm in the "lifestyle" genre, however, most of my posts are just about myself or my little family. Basically catching up on what we have been doing, eating, thinking or planning for the future.

 3. Why do I write what I do?

I write about whatever I feel needs to be documented! I like to think of this space as a little online family journal. I have my own personal journal which I write in, but I think blogs are such a great what of recording memories with included photos, videos and you know what they say, once it's on the Internet it can't ever go away! Its like I'm making an small area on this big Internet that I will always have, journals can get lost or destroyed, but my kids and family will always be able to search for this blog and read about what life was like for us.

 4. How does your writing process work?

Well first the idea for a post has to come, which I will probably jot down in the notes app on my phone (which is always with me). Or if I am writing about an event that has happened, like a birthday, I will try to begin writing it as soon as I am home, even if it takes a few days to get it live. That way I remember every detail! I am often snapping away with my iPhone (I REALLY need to invest in a proper camera!!!) constantly, so pictures come before the post I guess, however, I don't load them up until after I have written it!

Thanks so much to Britt for this tag, I was a bit hesitant at first, but I really enjoyed writing about how I create the posts on my blog and it's actually encouraged me to put a bit more thought and planning into it sometimes!!

So, the rules are that I have to tag three other blogs to take part in this link up..
You guys have one week!

Stephanie from "Just a Little bit Louder"

S'ambrosia from "From Kansas o kenya with Love"

Britt from  "The Yellow Umbrella"



No comments:

Post a Comment