Friday 1 August 2014

I made it.

I made it. Done. Prac is finished.
And Semester Two has started. Giving me only 2 days to breathe easy.
It may not seem like much to some, I mean it was only 4 weeks of teaching, with a 2-week "break" (consisting of more lesson planning) in between. But to me, it is a huge achievement. For those of you who may be teachers or completed a teaching degree, you would know what I am talking about. I was at school 8-4 everyday (minimum), teaching from 9-3, then once home writing lessons/plans/reflections for the following day from 5-8. Safe to say I was mentally, physically and emotionally drained by the end of it.

It saying all that, however, it was such a wonderful, fantastic, amazing experience and it really cemented to me that yes - this is where I am meant to be heading in life. I am still unsure if I will if I prefer Early Childhood (ages 0-5) or Primary School (ages 5-12), but at least I know that my career is set. Yes - it's tiring and full on, but it is what I want and what I can see myself doing for the rest of my life.

It's been one week since Semester Two of uni has started and somehow it already feels like prac was a lifetime ago. I am still tired from it, but it feels like I did it weeks ago, rather then just last Friday. Uni is back in full swing and I can already see this Semester shaping up to be a very busy one. There are so many things I wanted to do around the house before going back (like tidying up the study so I can see my desk for one). Readings, assignments, groups assignments, Presentations, Exams and another prac to be experienced come November 5th. I have one year to go now. Almost exactly. I have friends in the year above and they begin their 6-week and final prac (last ever component of the degree) on August 11th.  That will be me in one more year. I can do it. Bring it on.


No comments:

Post a Comment