Monday 11 August 2014

Creative Cooking | Banana Oat Cookies

I had a banana that needed to be used up and really didn't feel like cake or muffins (plus it was only the one banana). I am obsessed with cookies lately. I have been making a batch a week (at least). So I though I would mix it up a bit and try out some new type of recipe, using my one lonely banana.(I literally just remembered that I didn't take any photos of the cookies and they are now all gone - YUM - just an indication of how good they are). I will no doubt make this batch again, and will update this post with photos then. 
Until then, enjoy this scrumptious recipe.

This is another batch I made with 1 tablespoon of Cocoa.
Still just as good.

Banana Oat Cookies

Ingredients;
  • 1 cup self-raising flour
  • 1/2 cup plain flour
  • 3/4 cup brown sugar
  • 1/2 cup white sugar
  • 3 cups oats
  • 1 cup coconut powder
  • 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
  • 1/2 teaspoon salt
  • 2 eggs
  • 1 teaspoon vanilla essence
  • 1 1/2 cup melted butter
Method;
  • Mix dry ingredients together
  • Mix wet ingredients together
  • Combine wet and dry gradually
  • Roll into balls
  • Place on baking tray and cook for 15 minutes
  • Allow to cool and ENJOY!!

No comments:

Post a Comment