Friday 23 May 2014

A Change for the Better.


 I thought this post decided one of it's own. I have thought for awhile about posting this, I am not one to "preach" to others, as I have had my fair share of that throughout my life. However, this blog is to do with our lives and that changes that happen during it.

For those that knew me growing up, I used to go to church with my Mother, however I fell away during my teenage years as I discovered that it possibly wasn't for me. I guess in a way though, I never really gained a strong testimony of faith while I was there.

Well, that has all changed. 
Since about December last year, I have been going back to church,


Now if you had of told me this last year, I would not have believed you. For approximately the past 10 years, I have believed that I would never return to Church, for a variety of different reasons. Although about October/November, I had started to think about it. Nothing in particular happened to bring about this change of heart, apart from literally waking up one morning with the thought that "I need to go back to Church". I pushed it aside for weeks, but the feeling became stronger and stronger. To say I was surprised would be an understatement. After deliberating for weeks, I finally went. On the first Sunday that I went, someone I knew spoke and it really touched my heart. Another thing which made me know it was the right thing, considering she lived an hour away from the Ward that I went too, what where the chances of her speaking? On the exact day that I finally decided to attend? It was more than a coincidence for me. The following week, I recognised a girl who I used to know back when I was 12. She is a few years older than me and was like a "mentor" type person at one of the girls camps I went on when I was younger. I remember really looking up to her back then. Well now she is married and has moved 2 hours from her hometown, into the Ward which was in my area. Another coincidence? No. Another sign that where I was and what I was doing was right. There have been so many more similar instances like these which have opened my eyes and changed my heart, for the better. I have not missed a Sunday all year and I am so grateful for returning to where I should have been all along. 


I have been happier, feeling more uplifted and my faith is growing more than ever. I finally have a testimony of this gospel. The true church upon this earth and how it can positively impact my life in so many ways that it is incomprehensible to even count. 
Although Benn does not wish to come along with me, he has been very supportive of my change of heart. Something both of us did not for see. He has his own faith and that is fine by me. I am grateful that he is comfortable with me attending my Sunday meetings, full filling my calling (teaching the 6-8 year old class) and having the missionaries over once a week. He is a great man and I love him. Our house has been filled with peace and the spirit and I feel so blessed, even amongst all our trials I know that everything will be okay. 

Anyways, this was more in depth than I had planned and I am not one to yell from the rooftops about what I believe, however, I want to record this change in my life.
A change for the better.

No comments:

Post a Comment