Saturday 10 May 2014

9th May - The best day there is.

Happy Birthday to Us!


Yep, you heard (or read) right, we share the same birthday. The 9th of May. Benn was born in 1988 and myself in 1990, so we are exactly 2 years apart. Although I love sharing my day with him, sometimes it would be nice to be doted on hand and foot for just one day (I'm sure he would agree with me, actually, I know he does). I mean we already share Christmas, Valentines Day, Anniversaries and Easter.. Needless to say we are both looking forward to the future Mothers and Fathers Day that we will one day get and trust me, those holidays and traditions will be made a huge deal of in this house!! 

We spent our day going bowling with a group of friends. We have lots of different friends from all our various walks in life (school, work, uni, neighbours) and not many all know each other, so it was lovely that they were all able to come together for our day. My Dad even made it up from Victoria, as it was Mothers Day a few days later so he also came up to see his Mum. 

My father and Myself.
Terrible photo, but some of our friends who came along.
Devastated we didn't get a full group shot!!


Bowling was so much fun! If you haven't gone bowling lately... DO IT. You won't regret it. I felt like I was 5 years old again. One of the happiest memories I have when my parents were still together was the 5 of us (my two brothers included) going bowling together. It was so great. 
It still is so great.

So Happy Birthday to my love. 5 years of Birthdays with you and I have loved every one. Whether we have celebrated big with friends or celebrated small with just us two at home. I've enjoyed every one and I love our special day. I can't wait for many more to come.

I think hand-made cards are the best, even if I do kinda suck at them.
At least I will be able to laugh in a few years time..
 
Here is a gem from the first year we celebrated together. Such babies.
My red hair, lip piercing and all haha.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment