Wednesday 1 January 2014

Anticipations of 2014.


I wanted to start out this new year`with a post outlining some of the goals I hope to achieve over the next 12 months. I have a few more personal goals that I have written in my journal; but these are the ones that I wanted to share on here in the hopes that it will ensure I keep to it! The first two are more or less "couple" type goals, as they are things Benn hopes to accomplish as well. Hopefully with both of us working towards it, there is more chance of keep to the goal!


One.
Eat healthier foods. Plan meals each week to include a wider variety of vegetables and meats. Include gluten and diary free where possible. - I have to admit, I have been pretty slack the past month with my gluten and dairy free diet, so I really hope to kick things back in full swing this year. 

Two.
Get outdoors more and date each other. This works well with the "29 Dates" gift that I made Benn for Christmas, but we don't just want to limit ourselves to once a week. Benn got lots of fishing stuff for Christmas and is very keen to use it often, however, it's not my idea of a great day out. But I said if I had a good book then I'm sure I could handle it!!

Three.
 Begin and actually stick to some type of exercise 3 times a week. I'd like to say that I will commit to every morning, but we all know that's not going to happen. I am not doing it to lose any type of weight, but it's really terrible how un-fit I am. It's also no massive secret that Neive does not like sports of any kind. So I have decided to try my hand at Yoga (again). I have done it before and really enjoyed it so it's time to whip out that yoga mat.

Four.
Cut my two naughty habits out for good - biting my nails and swearing. I am a terrible nail bitter, but have currently stopped and haven't bitten in the past 6 weeks! So I really hope to keep this up next year. It has been a 10+ year habit and it's time to go. I am also ashamed to say that I swear a little bit too much and I am sick of hearing the words leave my lips! It's time to leave that cheeky teenage habit behind and cut the cuss words.

Five.
Complete my third year of University with good grades. I am proud to say that I try much harder with my university studies then I ever did in school, so I am really happy with the marks I have been getting and aim to keep up the study habits over the next 12 months. I have a big year ahead with two pracs which I am told take up virtually all holiday time!

Six.
Maintain a positive outlook. I am pretty bad with my consistent wondering about the "What if?..." in life that I find myself often worrying about these unnecessarily which gives me a negative feeling. I need to start living in the moment and look on the brighter side of things. I want to print out some inspiring words/quotes each month and place them next to my bed where I can be reminded each morning.

Here's to a new year and the old cliche saying.. "a new me!!"


No comments:

Post a Comment